Contoocook Valley Transportation Company
Getting you from here to there . . . and back!
- Operating a car is increasingly expensive. The average American family spends close to 20% of their annual income on transportation.
- Seniors are worried about losing the ability to drive and how that will affect their independence.
- Those who don't drive have enormous challenges just getting to the grocery store or visiting friends.
- Parents are rushing around trying to get their kids to school and activities.
To address these concerns, citizens from Antrim, Bennington, Dublin, Francestown, Greenfield, Greenville, Hancock, Jaffrey, New Ipswich, Peterborough, Rindge, Sharon, and Temple have joined together to develop a sustainable, affordable, accessible, coordinated, inclusive community transportation system for the eastern Monadnock region.
CVTC has two programs. Click on the links on the left for more information about Rideshare, and Volunteer Driver Networks. Here's how you can get involved:
- Post your trips on the rideboard so that your neighbors and co-workers can ride with you and you can all save on gas. Click here to find out how to post a ride offer or request.
- Become a volunteer driver - learn more.
- Talk to your select board and planning board about the need for community transportation in your town.
If you need a ride, give us a call at 1-877-428-2882.
CVTC receives funding from the Endowment for Health, the Federal Transit Administration New Freedom Program, the Monadnock Fund of the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation, and the A. Erland and Hazel N. Goyette Memorial Fund.