Emergency Ride Home
Another benefit of joining the CVTC Rideshare Program.
EMERGENCY RIDE HOME IS YOUR PERSONAL COMMUTER INSURANCE.
When an illness, family crisis, unscheduled emergency overtime, or unforseen workday emergency surprises you, CVTC can reimburse you for a taxi or rental car to get you where you need to go.
HERE'S HOW EMERGENCY RIDE HOME WORKS:
- Register as a CVTC Rideshare Program participant at www.cvtc-hh.org or by phoning 1-877-428-2882
- Carpool to work at least twice a week.
- In an emergency, call one of our providers listed to the right. [Downloadable PDF of Emergency Ride Home Providers for your wallet, refrigerator or bulletin board.]
- The provider will pick you up from your workplace.
- Get a receipt from the provider showing total cost of the trip.
- Mail the receipt to us within 10 days of your trip home to receive reimbursement up to $50.
NON ELIGIBLE RIDES
You can use the CVTC Emergency Ride Home service up to two times in a month, or a maximum of six times a year. CVTC will reimburse the employee up to $50 for each emergency ride.